Based on my Start With Why blog post, I saw value in putting in one place what drives what I do, the text of which may change as I spend more time thinking about this. Thus, my beliefs:
- I believe you have a gift.
- I believe you have a natural tendency to share your gift by expressing yourself.
- I believe we can enjoy the journey towards global happiness most efficiently & effectively by you fully expressing yourself.
- I believe teams are purposeful communities of people with gifts, to be respected & celebrated.
- I believe that lowering the barrier to creating & sharing catalyzes the fuller expression of every person.
- I believe we will take care of and grow each other when we treat each other as neighbors.
Here is the abstract way (read: this makes sense to me, and I ain’t gonna squish & mold this to make sense to anybody else, including you,
bum kind reader) I categorize my beliefs, also showing some derivation:
- noun – the core belief
- verb – builds off of #1
- network – builds off of #2
- noun applied – the drive behind how I conduct work, builds off of #1
- verb applied – the drive behind how I create play, builds off of #2
- network applied – the drive behind how I cultivate communities, builds off of #3
So what? Well, I’m manifesting these beliefs in a variety of places… grounding my various activities… keeping them honest, so to speak. Thus, #4 is what you see on my LinkedIn profile & AgileByTheHour for work-related activities, #5 is behind the ScrumOfOne blog & other personal projects, and #6 underlies each AgileNeighborhood.