Ah, Dreamlining. Putting a timeline to your dreams. Defining them and their costs, and then creating a plan to realize them within 6 months, the first step of which can be taken today. In ‘The 4-Hour Workweek’ by Tim Ferriss, he goes into detail about how to do this, providing a worksheet to fill out how you would realize ‘the four dreams that would change it all’.
Man, doesn’t that sound great? The four dreams that would change it all… How about just one dream – let’s start with that. Need a little help? (I want a motorcycle! I already have the jacket…) He provided some questions that should get that dream engine started. Ask yourself the following.
- What if there was no way I could fail?
- What if I were 10 times smarter than the rest of the world?
- What would I do day to day if $100 million were in the bank?
- What am I most excited to wake up to day to day?
- What am I good at?
- What could I be best at?
- What makes me happy?
- What excites me?
- What makes me feel accomplished & good about myself?
- Can I repeat or further develop what I’m most proud of having accomplished in my life?
- What do I enjoy sharing or experiencing with other people?
So go ahead. I’m sure your gut has an answer. What are the four dreams that would change it all?