This blog post is like green tea: it’s good for me, yet to do it right, I’m not supposed to add sugar. So, behold… a treat that doesn’t go down the smoothest, although it is healthy. I mean, I could try to make this a fun read, but I won’t because… this doesn’t need it. This post represents the culminating bloggular goodness that I’ve thought about over two years ago.
I’m still analyzing what I’ve written via how I’ve tagged my posts, and today I cover the category of ‘direction’. Below are the summary points per post with this tag, which don’t include those that were also tagged ‘path series’, which I think I’ll cover another time.
- Happiness: Become a heretic because initiative is happiness. Do something that excites me because excitement is happiness.
- My Vision Sources: Study direction-related sources and derive a method for determining vision.
- Create & Connect, Supply & Demand: Create something of value in which I am skilled, or is fully engaging, or elicits my passion, or is a combination of the three, then connect by sharing, teaching, or somehow helping others feel good.
- Bow Ties & Shoelaces: Inner changes are reflected externally.
- One Epic Thing Before You Die: Whatever this thing is for me, it’s the most cool/epic if it most aligns with my purpose / life path… now do it every day.
- Don’t Label Me, Bro: Do more and more of fewer things, but more important things, and get better and better at each of them.
- Style Over Fashion: I’m not looking for the fleeting & crowd-sourced, but the everlasting & self-sourced.
- That First Tiny Step: What is that first tiny step towards my dream, something that takes almost no time and no effort that gets me that tiniest bit closer?
- Soutata: Leverage my unique gifts and quit the rest.
- First Do Cat Food: I have to get deck-clearing capability first before being able to think at the high level.
- Always Be Outputting: Increase outputting by decreasing inputting.
- Blogging Break: All advice about success are facets of the same gem.
- Sum Of Your Parts: Grouping stories into releases per product (facets of me, each with a vision) leads to paths of punctuated evolution in each area of my life!
- Life In Your Years: In the end, it’s not the years in my life that count. It’s the life in my years.
- To Be A Better Person, Do Anything: I am defined by my ability to supply a demanded product or service, so do something, something impressive.
- You’re Allowed: That awesome life I want starts with realizing… I’m allowed to live it.
- Baconday: I’ve forgotten I enjoyed writing outlandish stories.
- ScrumOfFun or Local Drummer Boy: I want to lower the barrier to entry for performing music.
Hmm… lots of good stuff. What happens if I try to mash most of ‘em all together?
To be happy and improve my quality of life, leverage my unique gifts to do very well just a few purposeful things (everylasting, self-sourced), while quitting the rest (what I don’t do well and consuming in general), to take the initiative (aka being happy) every day and create something exciting (aka being happy), then connect with others.
I am actually allowed to be happy and live a big dream, so take a small step towards it, developing myself via one aspect of me at a time, doing low-level important things before high-level important things.
So what specifically brings me happiness? Writing outlandish stories. Lowering the barrier to entry for performing music.
Like I said. Culminating bloggular goodness. That last part is specific to me, but the rest respresents a study of how one can get some kind of life direction.
I’m sipping this slowly. It’s still hot.